Monday, October 23, 2006

$$$

So I've been feeling decently good about our finances until this evening when we went to complimentary financial planning meeting. No, we didn't sign up for services (and probably won't as they are quite expensive) but I must say I was impressed with the fact that the guy of the duo told us that the most worrisome/important thing for us was that we needed to build up savings. So . . . perhaps he was sincere . . . OR . . . he just wants a bigger chunk to try to invest for us! Either way he did point out that for what we make and what we pay in monthly bills, we should have more money saved. Trey agrees and I guess I do too. I'm not really sure where it all goes as we really don't have super nice things, drive modest cars, wear hand-me-downs, etc. But we also now have very little debt, which I'm finding is quite a feat now days, and we started our careers later in life than a lot. I have a feeling a lot of our money goes to wasted food. We are constantly throwing moldy stuff out of the fridge and we do have a tendency to eat out our lunches 2/3/4 times a week. So . . . I'm resolving to do cheaper, easier things for the next few months to see what we can do . . . and not pay the financial planner a whole paycheck to tell me how to do it. Anyway. . . $$$ . . . but, thankfully, we don't fight about it much . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

it's very difficult to save money even when you technically have room in the budget for it.

i feel for you.

7:33 AM

 
Blogger Chris said...

The other option is to sell one of your kids.

5:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home