Tuesday, May 08, 2007

lightning bugs, butterflies, ladybugs, bees

It's been muggy lately with all the rain we've had but for the most part, May has been decently pleasant this year in Texas. The last few days we have seen so many lightning bugs, butterflies, ladybugs, bees etc. Saturday morning I mowed the front lawn and ran into one of our bushes and thought "we really need to trim these things" until I looked up and saw all of the butterflies and bees I disturbed on the blooming bushes. They were beautiful. Plus, I recently read an article about the honeybee colonies disappearing in Texas so I'm all for honeybees.

Last night Danielle and I went for a walk; she had such a good time catching lightning bugs . . . well . . . she had fun pointing them out for me to catch. After we caught 6 of them my sweet girl decided that we should let them all go. So we opened the lid and watched them fly off 1 by 1.

Hope I don't give you nightmares about bugs, Mandi :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mandi Watts said...

Thanks for your concern, but hopefully I'll be o.k. That thing with the owls was just weird. I love to watch the lightening bugs and butterflies at this time of year, too.

8:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you guys, coming out of winter and we are just going into it.

2:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home