Wednesday, November 19, 2008

. . . this way and that way and this way and that way . . .

Yesterday was one of those days when both T & I zig-zagged all over town and passed each other only briefly. It started Monday night when I was petting Izzy (short for "Isaboy" when gender was discovered after original naming of "Isabella") and found two big holes and a smaller one in his right side. Once we cleaned off we could tell was definitely a bite mark. It looks a lot like the bites Sadie has given Daisy but the vet couldn't say that it was definitely a Sadie-bite. We would be extremely shocked because Sadie LOOOOOVES the cats. Sadie GROOMS them -- seriously. (It is one of the weirdest things.)
So, yesterday morning I took Izzy to the vet while Trey dropped D off at school. I noticed a stray dog (male pit bull puppy) hanging around in the morning. By early evening the dog was still hanging around and one of the neighbors separated and held the pup when it jumped on another dog on a walk with the owner. Another neighbor said they've seen and feed the pup for two days. I then decided to take the dog to the Humane Society but did not want to take him in the car with the kids. Trey got home and took the kids to get some food then D went to the neighbors. I went first to the closest SPCA, who told me I had to take the pup to Town Lake (hated doing that but what else to do?) Trey had taken S to a church meeting with him so I stopped by the church on the way home to do the switch. Had to stop at the pharmacy to pick up Rx (will NEVER recommend Wal-Mart Rx to anyone - took TWO DAYS and MANY PHONE CALLS to get filled) then over to neighbors to pick up D then finally home.
So, long day - started at 6:30 and went to 9:30. Busy, busy, busy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh good for you to take the poor we pup to the vet. I'm sure it was worth all the running around. Frustrating though it always is. And what a helpful hubby.
I hope Izzy iz on the mend by now.

11:47 AM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

And I thought my day was tired. Makes me tired to read yours! Glad you got some animals taken care of though.

8:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home