Monday, March 13, 2006

Busy weekend

We had a busy, crazy weekend and I broke my "no more than one planned thing a weekend" rule. Friday night I had an impromtu Girls' Night Out with coworker/friends, Lauren and Annette. We went to see Failure to Launch. It was so cute (the word my friend Paige hates to describe movies) even though you saw Terry Bradshaw's bare behind a couple of times. Saturday Danielle and I went to my boss' daughter/Danielle dance classmate, Haley's birthday party at Capital Gymnastics. Danielle was so amazing! She used to always hang back on me at these things but not any more! We got her shoes and socks off and I turned around and she was gone! And Jenn and I each got a good long bounce down the long trampoline before we got in trouble with the teenage workers. After the party I took Danielle to spend the night with Grandmama so Trey and I could go to an engagement party. According to this month's Brilliant magazine the party dress is the thing to wear this season but I couldn't find one I liked. I did find a flirty little skirt that fit the bill for last Sat and next. I also got to try out my pride purchase $200 shoes that I got for $50 at the last La Garage Sale. The engagement party was at the Zilker Clubhouse and was an amazing view! We had never been there and got to hang out on the porch since it was such a nice evening out. The groom is a fraternity brother of Trey's and I spent most of the night hanging with Marla, Russ' wife. She hit the margarita machine while I hit the Raspberry Daquari machine many times that night. We rounded off the night at Jack in the Box then the Crown and Anchor, an old college hangout of everyone there except me. Sunday morning was church (Mom and Danielle met me there; Trey slept in) then brunch at Trudy's. The breakfast buffet was delicious and I learned that it includes pancakes and waffles but you have to order from the waitstaff. We came home and all three crashed until about 6pm. Easy evening of Danielle's favorite meal, Pot Roast with carrots and potatoes, then bed. Of course, after watching Desparate Housewives and Dr. McDreamy on Grey's Anatomy. Monday was a little slow--a power blackout in Minneapolis knocked our system down until about 1pm. Trey said his work was slow today too. Danielle had a smaller classroom because of Spring Break and is allowed to take a toy to school tomorrow. Made a wonderful easy dinner tonight--Trey's recipe for Pork Tenderloin :1/4 cup stick butter, 5 TBSP Worchestershire Sauce, 3 TBSP Soy Sauce in over at 350 for about 45 minutes--was perfect. After to watch Danielle finish her ice cream then play for a bit. Have a great week--Angela

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Sounds like my kind of weekend too.

I supposedly try to limit my days to one major thing per day, but today was completely not that. We ran all around everywhere.

8:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home