Tuesday, August 22, 2006

update

Realized I haven't really shared much about what's been up with the O clan so here's a little catch up . . .
Danielle's 4 year check up went ok (I say ok b/c I'm still annoyed with the ped.) The oh-so-needed renal ultrasound showed that she is fine/normal. The blood in the urine and UTI is finally gone but Danielle now has another ear infection in her right ear this time. So we're on the third round of antibiotics. The ped. thinks Danielle has allergies so let's put her on this (brand name) nose spray. When I asked for a generic version I was met with the question "You have insurance don't you?" Yeah . . . wrong response. FYI, I refused the $79 copay nose spray. In other wellcheck news, Danielle is completely normal with height (45th percentile) and weight (50th percentile) but lower on the BMI index (25th percentile). Yes, USA children have such issues with weight that now that they track BMI. I have no idea how BMI works--that's just what the ped. said.

Trey and I finally agreed on some furniture choices and purchased a coffee (cocktail) table and a new couch. We got a good deal at Foley's/Macy's. I also purchased a "summer" purse that night at the suggestion of one of my coworkers/friend; she amazes me with how fashionable she is. Did you even know there were summer purses? I am completely clueless unless it's in a book somewhere. Anyway, the table comes this weekend. The couch sometime in September (backorder).

Today Trey and I had to learn how to give my beloved Hamilton subcutaneous liquids (shots of saline). It was quite a queasy experience for me. Thank you, God, for the great husband to do the shots. Hamilton is hanging in there. He's down to around 7 pounds but happy. I can not put him down yet. In case you don't know, Hamilton is the cat I've had since my first place on my own and he has cancer. He's realitively young--~10 years.

My neice got our birthday present. And so did my SIL as one of the pairs of jeans I had bought was a Women's and not Girl's size. lol! But we did score big with the pink sequin shrug.

Trey's been hard at work at school. Sunday, Monday and Wednesday nights are the hard nights with lots due.

Last weekend we had 2 birthday parties and a Back-to-School bash. It was SO much fun. One of the bday parties was at one of those jumping places and they let the adults do it too. Then the 2nd bday party we played dominoes (oh did Trey and I lose) then the BTS bash had one of those HUGE blow up water slides and we had a great time on that too. We were WORN out. Sunday was a big nap day for all of us after church.

Well . . . I think that's about it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Sounds like you have it rolling along nicely.

6:39 AM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

It's very frustrating to have a ped. that isn't getting along with you. We had one at the very start of Emmy's life and they just weren't doing the things and talking with me like I thought they should be. Ack for the $79 copay nasal spray.

Good to know everything else is going well!

7:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home