Saturday, August 12, 2006

C-H-I-C-A-G-O!

So I made it to Chicago with my girlfriend, Paige, for a fun birthday weekend celebration. We flew in yesterday arriving about 5:30pm. Travel wasn't so bad considering everyone had to check everything. I expected O'Hare to be horrible judging by the reactions everyone had when I told them where I was flying but it was extremely easy. We rode the train into town, and got the recommendation for TGI Fridays and the Cheesecake Factory (ummmm, yeah, no thanks; I can go there anywhere) then walked the few blocks to our hotel. Checked in, regrouped then went out to a recommended China Grill for a few drinks and appetizer dinner. Had some interesting conversations with a local (Play-ya), drank a chocolate cake and a pear martini, ate calamari and lobster pancakes (OMG are they delicious) then came back and crashed.

This morning we went out for breakfast, walked along the lake to the Field Museum then to eat pizza for lunch. The pizza was very good. We're taking a little break right now then going back to the Field Museum for the King Tut exhibit then out to eat & drink.

Haven't seen Oprah yet haha.

I miss my little one and Trey but am having a fun time. Don't feel too sorry for Trey; he stayed out later than I did last night with all his guy buddies!

The WEATHER IS BEAUTIFUL!!!! Expected high is around 80.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

No Cubs game?!?

1:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is Oprah? (Just kidding)
Sounds like you are having a ball.

8:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home