Thursday, August 03, 2006

Aaa Get ready . . . to Wiggle!

Wiggle your fingers and your toes.
This afternoon (Wed) I took the day off so Danielle and I could go see the Wiggles in SA with friend, Lisa and her daughter, Ellie. The girls were so excited on the way down that we heard the infamous "Are we there yet?" several times.
The Wiggles were incredible; they really are (omg am I getting old--pair that with seeing a T-shirt for the very awesome Rob Zombie this weekend that stated "20 years 1985-2005" and I'm about to lose it). The Wiggles all have so much energy and we ALL had so much fun. We danced, we sang, we clapped, we waved . . . It was a great afternoon. You can tell that the whole crew enjoys working with each other and trying to make each other laugh. Jeff (the purple shirt one) always "falls asleep" and the others have to scream "Wake up, Jeff!" to awaken him. This afternoon, however, Jeff fell asleep for the 3rd time and in discussing this the other Wiggles influenced Jeff's "dream" so much that he could barely stand up he was "Sleep-laughing" & "Sleep-nodding-his-head." It was hilarious. (Made me think of Chicken;-)
We told the girls they could each get one thing from the souvenir stand as long as it was under $20. Lisa and I were both rooting for the Dorothy the Dinosaur floppy hat--it is so cute--reversable with one side green with big yellow polkadots and the other denim with the Wiggles patch--but neither girl chose it. Ellie chose the light wand with the Wiggles in their Big Red Car while Danielle chose the Dorothy the Dinosaur tail. While I pondered that it was not what I would have chosen I reminded myself that Danielle is Danielle--her own individual and I have to accept that. It really is cute on her, too. Anyway...the Wiggles are in Houston for tomorrow then Dallas and I highly recommend. The rumor is that this is the last tour so catch 'em if you can.
If you have absolutely no idea who I'm talking about--here is a link: http://www.thewiggles.com.au/index2.html
Greg is my favorite, Danielle's is Jeff and Trey is slow to admit but when pressured his favorite is Captain Feathersword. Last summer Trey took Danielle & cousin Drake; Drake's favorite is Murray. Anthony's not left out though--a lot of Moms like Anthony; one mom even brought a sign today declaring her love for him. I'm not THAT lame yet; I still like Rob Zombie...

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Nooooo!! Not the Wiggles!! Anyone but the Wiggles!!! LOL.

2:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh for a little Wiggle, Wiggle!

4:38 AM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

fun!

sounds like you had a good time.

by the way- I'm glad I was able to help that one time. It's so important to be present for people when they need it. :)

10:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home