Thursday, October 26, 2006

A Mermaid & Pok e Jo's

Danielle's Halloween costume came in the mail yesterday from her Aunt Gretchen. The tail is some of the most beautiful fabric I've ever seen. It is this shimmery green & gold snake-patterned fabric that is just gorgeous! Danielle is SOOOOOOOO excited and gets to wear it tomorrow for Fall Festival at school.

Today Trey's Aunt Donna came in for lunch and we all went to Pok e Jo's for BBQ. I picked up Danielle from preschool, Donna had picked up Danielle's cousin, Lauren, who is a day older than Danielle and brought her down, Spencer, Donna's son (and, thus, Trey's cousin) picked up his daughter (and, thus, Danielle's cousin) Allyson from day care and Trey met us there too. It was fun having a little break from work and getting together with the kids. Afterwards, Donna followed me back to Danielle's preschool for a tour. A former great school teacher (teacher of the year once!) Donna is always interested in the kids' school work.

I got the cousins' Halloween packages out today; the packages should get there just barely in time for the holiday.

Now Trey is out picking up butterstotch chips so that I can finish the pumpkin cookie recipe Danielle & I started earlier; I signed up to bring some cookies for the Fall Festival . . . why do I think I have time for all this??? Oh yeah, that's being a mom & dad :-)

Cloudy and sticky today. Happy Fall!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

you'll have to post pics for us of the costume.

6:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep - we want pics! Sounds great.

11:11 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Pics of the cookies too!

5:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home