Friday, April 13, 2007

my boot camp adventure

So, I've been bery impressed with my friend, Sarah (http://princessbride42.blogspot.com/), and her blogging about her weight struggles and successes with weight loss. So I'm going to own up a little. About a month ago I saw an ad for Austin Adventure Boot Camp (http://www.atxbootcamp.com/) and on a complete wim signed up that day. So a month ago I started the 3 times a week a.m. class in NW Austin; today was my last morning. I've not told many people because I didn't want people to know if I failed (I hated my attempt at Weight Watchers) BUT I didn't fail this. Even with travel to Seattle I made 11 out of the 12 classes. (The 12th class I forgot my shoes--because I usually put them on in the car--so I came home and took a 2.1 mile walk instead) I also was usually the last to finish everything but I still made it.

So, in honor of Sarah I timidly post my stats:
Before /After
weight 191 lb/187.5 lb
hips 45"/43"
thighs 25"/24"
calves 15"/15"
arms 11.5"/11"
I also lost some body fat but I forgot to write that down. I missed the first timed mile (the shoe incident) but on the second timed mile I did it in 12 min 15 sec. I have no idea how that is--but I'm glad that I could actually finish. Do you know how long a mile is?? It's 4 laps on the track around a football field!!!!! I thought the coach was kidding at first . . .

The first day we had to run 2 laps or 1 walk lap around the parking lot and I was horrified that I couldn't run the 2 laps. So my goal became justing running the 2 laps around the parking lot; I met that goal last week.

I also met a really nice woman named Rhonda and I can see us staying friends.

So I would recommend but caution that there is quite a bit of running. If you look at the site my coach's name was Julie.

Now I've got to go click on "publish" and go to work before I chicken out on posting this info.
Have a great Friday and weekend!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mandi Watts said...

I'm so proud of you--both for your fitness accomplishment and for your bravery in posting your stats. Congratulations! Keep up the hard work.

8:54 AM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

Hooray for you! I know how hard it is! Very brave of you and awesome on the mile time. That's so cool.

:)

2:10 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

And how exciting to be inspiring! :)

2:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done you! Keep it up.

5:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home