Saturday, June 02, 2007

Last night's dance recital dress rehearsal

The ballet routine--Thank Heaven for little girls . . .


The tap routine--Splish Splash I was takin' a bath . . .


After the rehearsal we were driving home and saw the beautiful moon rising. Trey stopped and got this fantastic photo: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the cool things about living in Austin (Live Music Capital of the World) is that there are always music events going on. Lots of times they are free. Yesterday at lunch several of us took advantage of working downtown and walked over to see Jimmy Lafave (http://www.jimmylafave.com/) for the Tunes at Noon (http://www.tunesatnoon.org/). We stopped at 7-11 to get slurpee for me and then I bought the sandwich and chips ($4) for the show. The music is provided free :-) so for about $5 I had lunch and saw a fantastic 1 hour concert. I love Jimmy Lafave--I haven't seen him in concert in about 10 years though, so his voice really took me back. I have his Road Novel CD and the first song You'll Never Knew is my absolute favorite. Yesterday he did Springsteen's Secret Garden and just about brought a few of us to tears.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mandi Watts said...

I love the pictures from the dance recital rehersal. She looks like a perfessional. Hope the real show goes well.

9:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow ... yet more great photes. These will come in sooo handy for her 21st birthday one day. So cute. lol!

5:37 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

She is a doll!

Good deal about the lunch!

2:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home