Thursday, June 14, 2007

Martinis and Manicures

Tonight I went to a bridal shower for a coworker/friend/fellow ex-Arkansan, Lee. The bridal shower was at Cuba Libre where they have cheap manicures and claim to have cheap martinis but I obviously ordered the wrong ones. My martinis were $7.5 and $8. But I got a nice hot-red manicure for $5. It was a fun shower and because Lee loves Halloween as much as (actually probably more) than I do, I just HAD to get her Corpse Bride DVD as part of her shower gift. Lee and her fiance are going to France for a wine-tasting tour on their honeymoon. She is registered on this site called The Big Day and it is the COOLEST registry; You book your honeymoon and register for the different things you want to do on this trip. Then people check it out and if there is something in particular that they think is really cool or whatever then they can pay for that activity for you. It was a fun shower . . . literally, as I thought I would ride the bus to and from the shower (parking is awful downtown and I wanted to drink anyway). A HUGE thunderstorm hit as I was walking to the bus stop afterwards. I got SOAKED! But it was a fun evening. What do you think of my red-hot nails?

3 Comments:

Blogger cindyjane said...

love the red hot nails, dahling!! Don't tell me you started typing! The shower sounds like a blast!

5:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a cool idea for a bridal shower. I love that DVD too!
Red hot nails are sooooooo sexy!

7:53 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Wow! Manicures and martinis! That is chick heaven for sure.

4:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home