Saturday, November 03, 2007

luck

Trey sometimes teases that if it weren't for bad luck we'd have no luck at all (and apparently there is a song about that because he sings it when he says it.) Well . . . maybe-HA! Thursday my car overheated on a major highway. I was able to exit and pull over on a neighborhood street. After trying to reach Trey several times on his cell that wasn't working, I finally looked in the service manual to figure out what was wrong. It was out of engine coolant. Thankfully, I figured that out so when I finally did get in touch with Trey I could tell him to get some. It seems the engine is ok but we do have a very obvious leak as evidence by the coolant being left on the driveway. Then last night I cooked dinner and got some corn out of the freezer; it was completely frozen. After dinner I went to retrieve some ice cream out of the freezer and it was completely thawed. I thought maybe I left the door cracked but apparently not. The freezer has been at about 48 degrees for most of the night. We did get most of the food moved to other freezers or the fridge. Of course, I am blessed - I know that. After talking to so many lately about their mission trips/travels, I know that anyone here in America is blessed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being blessed doesn't mean that life is free from ups and downs though. I think it's meant to make us appreciate the good times ... but sometimes you have to wonder!

6:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home