Thursday, May 15, 2008

when it rains . . .

it pours . . . rough couple of days for us with hormones, exhaustion and anxiety reigning supreme. The washing machine went out earlier this week (think it is the cupling the connects the agitator to the engine.) Over the weekend I had been smelling a slight burning smell but, being pregnant, thought it was me being overly sensitive to smells. Yesterday afternoon the fridge was making a little louder hum than usual. Yesterday evening the middle portion and seal were HOT to the touch. And . . . before we could get the repair man out, we got a freezer full of unfrozen food. So this morning D and I spent cleaning out the garage fridge and moving food. Luckily, my coworker's hubby was able to come over, cleaned the coils, checked the fan and compressor and right now the fridge appears to be cooling well. We're to watch it for 2 days to see if the fan needs to be replaced. He's coming back Sat to fix the freezer. So . . . some "storm" clouds are clearing.

Last night Austin had some major storms but we only got rain. When I finally got D to school we drove past lots of downed tree branches and uprooted trees. Another coworker had her son at work because his daycare was without power. So this cute-as-a-bug kid was very interested in the baby in my tummy. So interested in fact that when his mom told him I had a baby in there, he immediately got down on the ground and tried to pull up my dress saying "I want to see the baby." It was hysterical and he finally stopped trying to "see the baby" when I promised to send him a photo when she is born.

Off to watch a movie with Trey. Have a happy weekend . . .

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope all the repairs go well and the problems stay minor.
Lol @ the kid wanting to see Bubs. They are priceless aren't they.
Have a great weekend.

12:50 AM

 
Blogger Just J for now said...

Love this story about the kid. Isn't he the cutest? I love the way their little minds work!

Glad y'all didn't have any damage from the storm.

10:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home