Friday, September 19, 2008

wrong one

Airhead thing I did this week:
A coworker in another department got married last year and is expecting a baby boy in the next few weeks. I've talked to her several times over the last couple of years but never knew her husband's name. I really thought we had discussed her changing her last name and I thought she had. Since her maiden name was very common and she continues to use it as her last name, I just thought she married someone with the same last name. This coworker's first name is fairly uncommon. Last night I went to Target and looked up a baby registry under her name and bought a couple of things. When I met her husband today I was a little surprised as he didn't really look like a "Richardo" -- the father's name on the registry -- but you never know so I didn't think too much about it. Then . . . people started addressing him as "Mike." Yep, I bought gifts from someone else's registry.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol! Lol! Lol! I'm sure they still appreciated the gift though.

4:54 PM

 
Blogger Just J for now said...

OK, that's really funny!

8:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home