Sunday, March 26, 2006

The side yard . . .

Yea! I love trees! Yea! I love butterflies! I'm very excited today because Trey and I finally cleaned out the side yard strip between the street and sidewalk; we planted a Mountain Laurel tree and two butterfly bushes. We have some other ground cover plants to get in but ran out of time. After living in the house for 6 years we've finally gotten around to planting some more things. That makes three trees in the last year. I attribute the delay to 2 things: 1) money--wow--does landscaping cost a lot and 2) the almost completely opposite taste that Trey and I have in decorating is also almost completely opposite in landscaping ideas as well.

Later this week we'll also start on Trey's food garden. He couldn't resist getting the Dwarf Lemonquat (also called a Sunquat) tree/shrub. I think his Pop (Grandfather) is smiling down from Heaven; Pop was always so excited about Trey's plans for a garden.

I'll post photos soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mandi Watts said...

That's so exciting! I love that kind of stuff!

10:40 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

Luckily even though we have some opposite opinions, we both agree on organic and low maintenance.

Joel's heart is with rosebushes, my heart is with wildflowers, and everyone should grow some veggies.

8:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home