Thursday, April 20, 2006

Danielle's P/T conference

I had Danielle's Parent Teacher conference this morning. She is doing very well and is ready for the 4 year old class next year. Miss Allison said that Danielle "expresses herself very well and will let a teacher know when she doesn't like something and will try to resolve it." Miss Allison said that sometimes Danielle needs them to give her the words to help resolve a conflict (like "I don't like that you took that toy from me" or when it is unclear who had the toy first "When you are done with that toy in a minute, may I have it?")

I asked about Danielle's obsession with Hayden, who is not in her class but the neighboring classroom. Miss Allison said that she doesn't notice Hayden spending a lot of time with Danielle but that Hayden is one smooth talker; Hayden is almost a flirt and is always good about complimenting all the girls. Miss Allison said that Danielle's two best friends in class are Maddie and Kayla??? Danielle hardly ever mentions them so I was surprised. We discussed Danielle's sensitivity to Hayden's attention ("Hayden didn't talk to me today" in sad voice) and trying to alievate her sensitivity and dependence on always pleasing everyone.

Overall, Miss Allison and Miss Melissa both like Danielle and she has mastered all the 3 year behaviors. Our precious baby girl is growing up . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

great! I'm glad things are going well there.

1:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home