Saturday, January 20, 2007

As she sees it . . .

Yesterday Danielle and I were playing one of her favorite things--mommy & babies. She wanted to be the mommy so I was the big sister helping with the 2 little sisters. We went on a picnic then the rest of the time was me saying "let's color" or "let's play Candyland" with Danielle responding "In a minute, I've got to wash these dishes" or "I have to finish this laundry first". sigh . . . it would've been even more depressing had I not just read this article the day before:
http://www.crosswalk.com/family/parenting/1463252.html
So we finished playing then it was bathtime and after she was tucked into our bed watching Zach & Cody, I finally went on my walk and washed all the dishes. (Trey was doing work from home until midnight.) Now, gotta go spend time with my Princess . . .

3 Comments:

Blogger Mandi Watts said...

That's a great article. Thanks for sharing!

8:32 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

I feel the same way sometimes. I've been trying even harder recently to PLAY with the kids...

3:07 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

You are supposed to play with them?!? I thought they were the slave labor?

11:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home