Friday, July 13, 2007

Happy birthday to my little Native Texan!

Today is Danielle's 5th birthday. Here is the exchange that took place this morning while Danielle was taking a quick bath:
I finished washing her hair and said "I'm so glad God sent you to be my little girl."
Danielle said "yep, I picked you and daddy to be my mommy and daddy."
I asked "You did? You remember that?"
To which Danielle replies "Yes, well . . . first I picked Texas for the state then I looked and picked you and Daddy."
LOL! I'm guessing you can't get more Native Texan than that! Picking the state FIRST.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mandi Watts said...

That is so funny! Where do kids come up with this stuff?!

3:59 PM

 
Blogger cindyjane said...

That's our Texas girl! Happy Birthday Danielle!!

12:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet. Happy Birthday Danielle. Hope you get spoiled rotten.

11:35 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

I think that is hilarious. Happy birthday to her!

9:57 AM

 
Blogger Aunt Donna said...

I love Danielle's comments. Just the perfect Texan-strong and so native!!!! I love your thoughts, Angela, and I learn so much from them. I got on your blog after you mentioned it at Lauren's party. I forget about such things. Not up to date with all this stuff! Keep your thoughts coming!!!!

5:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home