Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter mania in Austin

Because I'm not completely clueless, I knew that the latest Harry Potter release was 7/21 at 12:01am. While in the local Wal Mart today a guy was handing out the colored wrist bands to the book sell. Not many people were asking about it and he kept saying "these are the red ones; they go to the front of the line." Since my neice likes HP so much and I will see her later this morning I thought, "well . . . if I'm up I'll come by" so I took one. Since I am up, I trotted down to the store with my red wrist band and picked up 2 HP books. I really wasn't expecting a crowd, since it is the Wal Mart in my neighborhood and, well . . . I just didn't expect the HP-reading crowd to be there. Boy, was I wrong. The line was already out the customer service area, through the shoes, past the baby clothes and to the food side of the store. Luckily, I had my red band and went to the head of the pack. I got my 2 copies and was home about 40 min. later. Since a friend's son was also standing in line somewhere, I called to make sure he was going to get a copy. Brian, apparently, had no problem as he said that he pretty much just walked into the HEB (at Mopac and Parmer) and bought one! So, now I guess we'll find out if Harry lives or dies . . . But, unluck the rest of the HP fans of the world, I am going to bed rather than stay up reading tonight. Good night all . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger cindyjane said...

what a great aunt you are! going to Wal-Mart at 12 am - you're an amazing woman!!

2:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol! That was lucky. My teen nephew got up at the crack of dawn and that was the last we saw of him ... he did not return until said book was in his hot little hand, or die! Some time later!
and hes he quietest hes ever been since. His Mum is ever so grateful to Harry Potter for a peaceful weekend. Tee Hee!

6:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home