Thursday, November 29, 2007

Advent class 1

Tonight I started a 4 week advent class at our church. It was a really good class and brought up some thought provoking things. In discussing Elizabeth and Mary we we questioned on who our "balcony people" are in life. Balcony people are those supporters of yours that are always encouraging. Basement people, on the other hand, are those who are constantly bringing you down and, sadly, the people that we tend to focus more on. (Why is that?) Lately I've had a pretty constant Basement person in my life (and think that I am most likely someone else's Basement Person so I'm not without fault). So I began thinking of all the Balcony people in my life. I have a lot and the two other people in my group also had many Balcony peoples. This week I am going to make an effort to concentrate on the Balcony people in my life and not being a Basement person myself.

But it is very hard to do that . . .

Wish me luck and send prayers . . .

Lots of luck and prayers . . .

(Apparently there is a book called Balcony People but I have not read it. I'm sure you can google to find more. I will check it out after I'm done with my current book.)

We were also asked to bring and share a favorite Angel of ours. I took a yarn Angel ornament that my mom makes. Two of the women from my Susannah Circle just loved them and thought we needed to learn how to make for the bazaar next year. I think my mom will be just thrilled when I tell her. They really are cute - Danielle had them all over her Christmas tree last year. I'll upload a photo soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's wishing you the blessing of loads more Balcony people in your life.

7:44 PM

 
Blogger cindyjane said...

That's a wonderful way of looking at it. Yes, may life bring you more balcony people! And I definitely don't think of you as a basement person! :)

1:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home