Saturday, January 12, 2008

our little chicken

(Sarah - I think you'll love this.) We think this is all just hystical.

Late this fall Danielle started "bach, bach"-ing at us. She just randomly acts like a chicken but she's a kid so I don't really care too much (the bach, bach-ing gets a little old sometimes.) The last day before Christmas break I got to leave work early but when I went to pick Danielle up she wanted to see the end of the movie they were watching. I sat down with her and noticed that a couple of the kids in the class would say "bach, bach" to her then she would "bach, bach" back. On the ride home I was asking D about her day and the conversation went like this:

"So what did you play on the playground?"
"Oh we played the chicken game."
"What's the chicken game?"
"It's where I act like a chicken and chase the kids around to catch them and eat them."
"How did that game get started?"
"Oh well . . . you know, one day I was just standing there, flapping my arms like a chicken going 'bach, bach' and Remington said 'ahhhh, don't eat me!' so I went 'chomp, gulp' and ate him."

And the chicken game was born. Pretty much every day D and friends play the chicken game at recess and greet each other with "bach, bach."

On Thursday I had a hard time getting going so we got to school very late (around 9:30.) The kids were coming off the elevator so D's teacher motioned for them all to move to the side of the hallway while I logged her in. Danielle walks off to join the kids when Remington grabs her hand (and says "bach, bach.") As I'm about to walk off I hear another little boy mention something to Remington to which Remington replied "someday I'm going to marry this chicken." Now THAT'S a statement I bet you don't hear everyday . . .

4 Comments:

Blogger KatieKate said...

Hi, Angela! Thanks for stopping by the blog!

I'm still aughing about the chicken game. Perhaps we'll incorperate that into our daily routine.

4:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that is so sweet! That's a young man that knows what he wants. He'll go far!
Good on Danielle for having the imagination to make up a game that all the kids love to play ... they do so like having a little language of their own as well.

4:57 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

That's pretty funny! It's good to know there are other chicken lovers out there.

7:27 PM

 
Blogger cindyjane said...

I love it - "someday I'm going to marry that chicken!" We have sooo many chickens in our neighborhood!! Sam and I seem them everyday on our walk now. Bach Bach!!

7:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home