Friday, December 12, 2008

Avocado milkshakes

My friend, Mandi, is currently living in Brazil and has commented several times about how the locals eat an avocado - in a milkshake! So T and I decided to try that out. There are 2 recipes on www.allrecipes.com. It's actually pretty good that way. I know it doesn't sound good but it is.

D is going to be Mrs. Claus in the school play next week and she has been memorizing her lines. We've slightly modified her Little Miss Muffett costume from Halloween for her outfit.

S is driving me crazy; she has taken to squealing and screaming quite loudly ALL THE TIME she is awake. S is also eating like crazy - 4 jars of baby food, oatmeal, lots of crackers and breastfeeding yesterday alone.

T continues to have conference calls at night. Work, work, work but glad he has it!

I'm getting the house better under control. The kitchen and den are mostly picked up most days. Started working on the master bedroom. It is a constant struggle for me.

Happy weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mandi Watts said...

Glad you guys were brave enough to try the avocado milkshakes. It isn't bad, certainly, it just isn't what you expect an avocado to be.

Max has been screaming a lot latey, too, and I know how maddening that can be. I think for him, it's teeth trying to push their way through. His gums are so swollen and he just seems miserable. Hang in there with Samantha. She's just finding her voice. And, apparently, she's growing. That's the kind of eater Weston was.

1:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, I'm not an avocado fan so I might swerve that one.
Have you tried placing S near to a source of music. It might turn her squealing into a bit of listening ... or at least she might find a tune and become a budding diva. Lol! But I am told that music soothes babies ... so it may get you a little bit of peace.
Good luck to Mrs Claus in the play.
Housework never ends. Sigh!

2:30 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

You are right it does not sound good. LOL.

3:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home