Thursday, June 15, 2006

Few things . . .

Here are a few things I've either forgotten about staying at home and/or learned while out ill today:

1) A 4 year old doesn't understand "nauseous"
To a 4 year old you are either sick or your aren't. And even if you are sick there's always room to play, right? (no, I am NOT pregnant; I'm sure of it.)
2) My dog barks at everything
Our oldest dog, Sadie, has always been a nervous dog but she really does bark at everything. Including cars that drive by on the street. No stereos thumping--just driving by!
3) A lot of aircraft flys over our house during the day
Including those military helicopters. I'd forgotten how many fly overhead. I guess there's the border to get to now.
4) You can catch up on 3 months of your soap opera in one day
And usually an old character will return and help explain who all the new, now-grown-up-kid characters are.
5) One box of mac & cheese is too much for 1 adult and small child
We don't have that problem when Trey is home too. The dogs were quite happy.
6) Weekday Austin AM talk shows are pretty boring
Add a gardening show or something to the weekday line up. During the week it's the same old arguments over either politics or sports. I miss Dr. Laura.
7) Laundry multiplies
You can seriously do laundry all day long and not be done. I have done laundry all day long and my couch is still filled with clean clothes to fold and put away and the dirty clothes hamper is still filled to the top. Must donate more clothes now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mandi Watts said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well. Hope you're better soon.

10:27 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

kids really don't understand how a mommy could be sick!

hope you feel better soon

7:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home