Monday, June 26, 2006

JW & the chicken dance

ok I am exhausted tonight. Our VBS started this evening and a few weeks ago I signed up to be one of the teachers of the 3rd, 4th & 5th graders. (Earlier today I was kidding my friend Teresa that I'd be ok as God never gives you more than you can handle; Teresa replied that was true but he also gave us a brain and expects us to use it wisely--haha!) So I found out that if you are the 1st to sign up for a group then you are made the Leader of said group. I am exhausted! It's a different type of VBS; we eat dinner together then the groups go around to different areas. First was the jail, then a shop, then dancing and singing and finally, storytime. So we go to the dancing and singing and it was already hot in the room. Besides the dances we learned to dance, including the John Wesley Holy club dance, we did the Hokey Pokey and the Chicken dance. To make it fun I challenged the kids to see who could get the lowest on the Chicken dance (again, the brain was not used too wisely). My very-out-of-shape legs are quite sore now. All in all it was fun and our kids are sweet, but we'll probably split them into two groups tomorrow and rest of the week instead of one big group of 13. The two other teachers are quite troopers too. We all made it through and it WAS fun.

Gotta go to bed before I topple over. . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Well at least the pay is good.

9:56 PM

 
Blogger Angela O. said...

AMEN!

9:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home