Friday, September 08, 2006

mermaid in swim lessons

So Danielle decided she wants to be a mermaid (a purple & pink one) for Halloween. I found a sewing pattern on Simplicity (
http://www.simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=4043&email=Y&dvPage=blank) Her Auntie Gretchen said that she would make it. Is that an awesome Auntie or WHAT??!! To go along with her impending mermaiding, Danielle started swim lessons this week. (Bad mommy that I am) I never got around to enrolling her earlier this summer through the city. So these lessons are through a dive shop in town. I haven't taken Danielle to any classes but Trey has been very impressed with the teacher. From what Danielle tells me it sounds quite impressive so I'm looking forward to the next few weeks of lessons.

After work tonight a few coworkers and I headed out for a drink and by chance ended up at the Austin Chronicle's (http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Issue/home) FREE 25th anniversary party. We had a few margaritas (also free) and some yummy crab/creamcheese dip and gaucamole (all free, free, free). While walking through the place and all the photos, looked up and found Emo's photo on the wall. It was from 1993 (way before I had met him and Trey.) And, of course, there was a lovely photo of the always lovely Bob Schneider (http://www.bobschneidermusic.com/). . .

It RAINED tonight. Not a big storm or anything but a nice, steady rain. A nice start to the weekend . . . have a good one, everyone . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home