Friday, November 10, 2006

work, work, work

My work this week has been very busy. It's the week we've been testing our 12/1 renewals and as difficult as some of the 10/1s were we decided it would be good to have the 2 business analysts on our group come in for the testing. I think it went well--some issues were fixed right away and it was nice to have them in. But it was busy and I feel wiped out today--our holiday for Veteran's Day. Also when visiting with our vendor I sometimes long for the "sliding doors." If you've never seen that movie I recommend you do. Gwyenth Paltrow is the main actress and the movie follows 2 paths--1st where she catches the train and the 2nd where she misses the train (the sliding doors) and how differently her life would be in each situation. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband, my beautiful daughter, all our zoo animals and our crazy life but there are times that I wonder how it would've been had I had just a slightly different path in life. If after computer camp that I loved in 8th grade I hadn't had that school counselor say "computers? you should think about something else; they aren't going to be used in the future for anything but games anyway." (seriously--not kidding) or if I'd decided to go to Univ of Neb instead of Hendrix. Oh well . . . there is a reason for everything, right?

So, now I have to go make a cake for the church bazaar. Maybe update more later . . .

Remember your Veterans this weekend; they did so much for all of us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Lets hope the school counselor is no longer practicing...

5:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home