Friday, December 08, 2006

crazy, busy week

It's been a crazy, busy week. Monday evening was my Susannah Circle meeting. We go out for dinner in December so we went to Veranda restaurant in Northcross Mall. It's the same place we went last year and the staff is always very accomodating (big table, separate tickets, etc) but the food was just so-so. My crab cakes were a little over cooked with little flavor but the steamed veggies were a little better. Of course, my group is a lot of fun so we had lots of good conversations.

Tuesday evening was our only free night at home so I made my SIL's fabulously good, throw-together tortilla soup. We had some fresh avocadoes so we threw a few slices on top along with some sour cream---yummmmmmmm. Then Danielle and I put up the Christmas tree. I put up the littler tree that I bought last year for $16.99. I had to run to HEB at about 10pm to get some more working lights! I was up until 1:30.

Wednesday evening was my work's Christmas dinner at the UT Club and it was very nice. The UT Club was were Trey and I had our wedding reception years ago. The entrance way has a LOT of new stuff--I guess you become a National Champion and the money comes in droves. Trey wore his black suit and looks fantastic. However, he had a lot of homework so he snuck out early and I forgot to get our photo taken! So I got lots of photos with my coworkers. The Association President awarded my boss with her 10 year pen and in the process said some very nice things about her and how she will be missed. The manager of our program also received his 15 year pen. After the party some of us went to the Mansion at Judge's Hill for a drink and THAT IS A FANTASTICLY BEAUTIFUL place. It's on MLK just West of Rio Grande. I told Trey that is where I want to go for dinner next March, on our next anniversary. Afterwards we all piled into Lauren's car, cranked up the Christmas Carols and drove around the Pemberton area looking at all the Christmas lights. It was so much FUN!!!

Last night we went to a dinner for a local Christian school. Friends of ours, the Snows, bought a table for their annual fundraiser and invited a few couples to join them and it was also a lot of fun. John Erickson, the author of the Hank the Cowdog books (http://www.hankthecowdog.com/) was the keynote speaker and he was powerful. I'll write more about that later. Then the Flying J Wranglers (http://www.flyingjranch.com/) were the entertainment and they were so funny and fun and great musicians too. Reid Ryan was the Master of Cermonies--he is a great speaker--and his dad, Nolan, was apparently sitting at the table diagonal from us all night. (I never saw him but all the people crowded around afterwards and Trey said that he noticed Nolan earlier in the evening.) After the dinner we got CDs and books autographed. I had a very good feeling the whole night and we will probably tour the school as a possibility for Danielle's 1st grade on education.

My mother was INCREDIBLE babysitting both Wed and Thurs for us and we appreciate it SOOOO MUCH!

Tonight is Danielle's school Christmas program, Saturday is TAC and Cirrus' Children's Christmas party then the Oberpriller/Stevens family party out in Marble Falls! Sunday morning is church with Trey and I in the program then coffee with a friend at 2--I'm looking forward to a relaxing conversation. So we are/will be busy, busy, busy. Then, next week, I will FINALLY get some Christmas shopping done! Only 3 little presents under the tree so far . . .

Happy Friday!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Wow. Sounds really busy.

The one nice thing about Emmy being sick is that the schedule goes out the window and suddenly you have hours of free time at home. :)

7:45 AM

 
Blogger Euromark said...

Oh what a busy schedule, but December is the same here in Germany. Frankly, I'm glad when it's all over and normal life returns in January. Problem is, over here the snowfall cranks up then.

10:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home