Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Morning coffee & trees in the rain

This morning our department had a farewell coffee for Jenn. It was very classy and we found out that she was going to sort-of continue as she will be doing some contract work for us (whew).

For lunch Lauren wanted to pick up a tree since her neice is in from Chicago and her boys are coming in for a few days. So we borrowed Lisa's 4-runner and went in search of trees. Of course, it was nice and cloudy all morning then started raining when we got to the tree lot. Lauren kept asking my opinion on the trees and I kept reminding her that I've never had a real tree. On the way to the second lot we stopped at the Flower Bucket to pick up some real garland since it was 1/2 price. I've never been tempted with the real tree and decorations but I was when she got the garland; it had berries and pine cones and smelled so wonderful.

At the end of the work day Jennifer, Annette & Lauren helped me complete the majority of our Christmas cards and they will go out tomorrow!

A very good friend of mine is very early pregnant :-)

I finished up the VERY LAST of the Christmas shopping this evening but had to drive Trey's car, which is a standard and I'm not that great on standard. So for some reason as I'm getting back into the car to leave Academy, the stupid alarm starts going off and I COULD NOT GET IT TO TURN OFF. I called Trey and he told me how but it WOULD NOT WORK. So finally the alarm shuts up and I start the car and drive off. Of course it starts going again as I'm leaving the parking lot, which flusters me and I let off the clutch and it starts putt, putt, puttering. I drove the stupid car the whole way home like that. Trey comes out laughing when I pull into the driveway. He gets in and immediately turns the alarm off. I warned him not to trust it as it would stop for a few minutes then start up again over and over but the alarm never went back on for him. So I am beginning to think the car is possessed and I should stay away from it. Trey thought it was quite funny and said that he could hear me coming up the street, around the corner, etc . . . . I guess it was a little funny . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home