Saturday, March 29, 2008

can you say this is a brush with celebrity?

I'm guessing "no." Thursday, we got a note from D's school that drop-off and pick-up points would be different because of a big church function. Friday, at drop off, it was pretty obvious the "function" was some kind of film production (catering, big film equipment, security, etc). I assumed (incorrectly) that it was a religious instructional video or something of that nature. When I picked up D I asked about it and turns out it was a movie being filmed with Sean Penn AND Brad Pitt. Of course, I didn't see either of them and when I asked D "Did you see anyone famous at the school today?" Her response was "No, but Hayden and I built a fairy house on the playground." Geez - much more important, Mom! And, you know, D really is more important anyway :-).

(imdb.com already shows that the movie is currently filming in Austin so I don't think I'm giving away that much info. Plus, knowing who looks at my blog, I don't think I need to worry about crazed fans trying to figure out how to stalk the actors!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky I'm not a crazed fan of either of them ... lol!

It's funny that in N.Z. we would all go out of our way to leave them alone.
It is considered very bad manners to hassle a celeb while they are visiting or filming here.
Even asking for an autograph is considered to be a bit emabarrasing and only a real die hard fan would do it. Mainly kiddies get away with it.
That's not to say that folk wouldn't say hello, or welcome to N.Z.

5:05 PM

 
Blogger Melanie said...

oh my, pretty cool! (but not a fan anymore really either)

10:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home