Wednesday, April 02, 2008

learn something new every day . . .

Yesterday evening was my UWM meeting. The general meeting during the day had a guest speaker who did a presentation on Islam. Our night hostess graciously took notes and shared with us that evening. It was very interesting. One of our members is visually impaired and I offered her a ride to and from the meeting. She has a beautiful seeing-eye dog and I've always been so tempted to pet her, though that is not allowed. Toward the end of the program the hostess' husband came in and requested that the collar come off the dog. I thought this a strange request until I pleasantly learned that if the collar is taken off the dog - the dog is off-work! You can pet, play, spoil them. So I got to pet, pet, pet that beautiful pup. Learn something new every day!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cool idea. I didn't know that either.

4:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home