Thursday, April 03, 2008

SHAME ON THE POSTAL SERVICE

and shame on me for not trusting my instinct. For Easter we always send little packages to our neices and nephews. Since Easter was so close to our BIL's b-day, we combined his present and got the family a Wii game. In the same box we sent Dan a rugby shirt, some candy, Addison's birthday present (baby doll accessories) and a little stuffed chick. We mailed this 4 lb 4.6 oz big box for $9.50 parcel post through the US Postal Service. I almost purchased the insurance but didn't. My SIL called today and asked "we got Addison's baby chick but I think maybe you sent something more? That was an awfully big box and I noticed you paid $9.50 to ship it..." I told Gretchen everything in there and she said "oh no. The only thing in there was the stuffed chick." The box arrived last Monday - no damage but obviously very taped up. We've had bad experience with the USPS before but it's been a while. Dan & Gretchen sent us a card once that had obviously been opened and only 1 gift card was there when they had sent 2. For a while, every card with a gift card enclosed disappeared somewhere between here and my brother's home. Our mail person is an idiot who will drop in ours and lots of neighbor's mail in our box and forget to pick up the outgoing mail - so much so that we NEVER mail out of our mail box. We've paid enough late payment charges due to that...So that's it for us. We held out for a long time but the USPS has lost most of our business - so long, farewell. UPS/FedEx/billpay you have new customers.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mandi Watts said...

Oh that is really a bummer! That will definitely make me think twice about purchasing insurance next time.

10:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks. I hope you complain long and loud and threaten to tell the newspapers that their service is full of thieves!

4:59 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

I've recently had some issues with them as well. Parcel post is losing more and more respect from me.

10:19 PM

 
Blogger Just J for now said...

I also have an unreliable mailman. He stuffs incoming mail on top of outgoing mail. I've never had anything stolen, though. Wow, I can't believe that. I'm so sorry that happened to you.

By the way, I've also ignored my instincts before, and I always regret it.

6:45 AM

 
Blogger Melanie said...

I sweat about anything I send out through any carrier until I hea rit arrives! Sorry that happened to you :(

10:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home