Monday, February 19, 2007

Chicken picatta

Tonight I made one of the Grab and Go meals we got from Super Suppers up on Anderson Mill. (A few weeks ago we happened upon their sale and got 6 meals; the Grab and Go meals are half entrees and feed 3-4--perfect for us.) Since I'm still a little under the weather but had not thawed anything out I cooked the only one we got that you can use the microwave to thaw. It was the Chicken picatta and it was pretty good. I made garlic cheese biscuits and, being a nice wife this week, made (yucky, disgusting) lima beans for Trey and Danielle.

Trey was quite excited about the lima beans. In case you couldn't tell, I HATE lima beans. One of my earliest memories is a stand off with my parents and watching the sun set and the sky go completely black while sitting at the kitchen table in Nashville because of those nasty lima beans. So when Danielle tried them tonight (without my saying a word) and disliked them, I did not force her to eat any more. Trey made her eat 3 though. So if you ever stop for dinner, you can be assured you will not be served anything with lima beans.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I have a similar lima bean standoff memory. Can't stand them. My husband can't either so they are just a veggie that never enters the house.

1:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home