Thursday, February 08, 2007

the big D

I'm back from the Dallas business trip. We flew out late Tuesday afternoon and did not get the email from our Asst. Exec Dir that our Exec Dir had gone into the hospital. Tuesday evening we went to a nice dinner at Morton's, which is across from the old Texas Book Depository and the infamous grassy knoll. We walked through the JFK museum gift shop where I bought Danielle some paperdolls. Then Wed morning we logged onto remote email and read that our Exec Dir had passed away. It was quite a shocking way to start our long, all-day business meeting.

Waiting for the (late) airplane in Dallas Love field I decided to pick up a magazine when I heard "You sure look familiar" and turned to see my friend, Marla, standing behind me. She had been in Dallas for a business meeting and was on her way home too! The flight was pretty uneventful, though it was almost a half hour late and, of course being an evening flight from Dallas to Austin, completely full. I came home to beautiful flowers from Trey and Danielle--that was very nice.

I fell asleep around 10:15 or so. Today was a rough day at work and I was quite upset to hear of Anna Nicole's death. I know it is Hollywood junk but I've always liked her and it seemed things were straightening out for her.

We got a very lovely, sweet sympathy card from the vet office. I still miss my Hamilton kitty.

So my work is closed tomorrow in honor of Sam so we can attend his funeral.

Ugh--it's a lot of death type stuff around this week--I'll be happy when the weekend is here . . .

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I hope your day got better. I too have been thinking a lot about death lately, although not that of my closest friends. It's not as bad as it sounds; just that I'm encountering a feeling of mortality. I hope life gets more joyous for you soon!

4:47 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

That does sound depressing. ANS's death sounded rather suspicious to me, esp with the odd way her son died a few months back.

9:07 AM

 
Blogger Lukin said...

I'm sad to hear of Sam's passing. I can't imagine TAC without him. My condolences to everyone up there.

-Lucas

3:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home