Friday, February 02, 2007

my shortcomings

I get my geeky job; I can't always explain why or how something errored but I can usually figure out how to fix something. And if I can't figure it out, then I know that it's at a level that programmers need to fix. The thing is that I know it; it's come easily to me, it's my talent and I am fortunate for it. So I sometimes get very short and vent to others. Unfortunately this week I blew off a problem for a coworker until today. It is something that for some is not a big deal but because of another particular aspect, it is a big issue for this person. I also think that this coworker overheard my and another coworkers' venting and, if so, we most likely hurt that person. I feel very badly about this as I realize that I am fortunate for my natural ability. There are days that I only have to try a little and it all works out for me but not for them. I felt badly the entire way home and about an hour afterwards before I finally felt up to admitting it all to Trey.

So I told Trey all the details and he gave me some good insight on what I should do and also the male side of things. It's very interesting to hear how he sees things. He is also about the only person I'll allow (sometimes ;-) ) to tell me when I'm being oversensitive about a situation, comment, action.

I've also asked God for help and to help me be stronger and more patience. I really hope that I did not make my coworker's day worse. I have been miserable at work before and would hate to be a part of this person's misery.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I know how hard it can be when you realize you may have hurt someone's feelings. I do it all the time inadvertently...

Good job being introspective and realizing it. Take care.

8:01 AM

 
Blogger Chris said...

If you know or even think you might have hurt someone else's feeling why not apologize to them and ask them to forgive you? It will make both of you feel better.

9:12 AM

 
Blogger Angela O. said...

I did apologize first thing Monday morning and it made the day much better.

8:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home