Saturday, February 24, 2007

When it rains, it pours . . .

I just wish it would pour MONEY. LOL

I paid some bills Thursday evening and thought "it's a little tight but ok." Also Thursday evening the left side of my mouth had a little pain and I wondered "is this a result of this nasty cold or is my crown trying to come loose?"

Friday morning mouth was ok--hurt every once in a while but not too bad. I balanced the checkbook and realized--ekk--can't spend anything for the next 2 weeks without dipping into savings. At lunch I bit into something and went OHHH. Looked in my mouth and see that it's not the crown but the tooth right behind it is completely cracked . . .

The dentist is FULL, even the emergency list, until Wednesday morning at 8am.

Emailed Trey to tell him to get $$ for the tree trimmer from the other savings account and he reminded me that his tuition is due in a few weeks...My left front tire is bald on one side...the dog has a vet appt this morning. UGHHHHHH.

On the upside--this is prompting us to finally have that garage sale, finish the taxes and file the MSA/dependent care reimbursements now! :-) lol!

AND, we do count our Blessings--among them:

  • wonderful daughter,
  • recent trips to see family members,
  • the upcoming Loin King (tickets already paid for-yea!),
  • a prettier Spring yard
  • cars that work
  • always enough food in the fridge and a full freezer (you should see all the venison sausage we have)
  • crazy cats that are sitting on my keyboard causing me to miskey . . .
  • wonderful friends we don't get to see often enough . . .

Have a great weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I am glad it is not all bad, and that you can count your blessings.

5:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the tooth is all fixed now. It's all about checks and balances in your life. I wish you more checks and then you'll get more balances. lol!

9:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home